Kitchen Cabinet Terminology Explained
When you’re shopping for kitchen cabinets for your Florida home, it can be overwhelming to understand what exactly you need for your replacement. It’s likely that throughout your research you have come across the unique terminology that defines kitchen parts and kitchen cabinet parts. While these terms may be hard to understand, they may be important in making the final decision for your kitchen.
Kitchen Cabinet Terms
Some of the most common terms that you’ll come across when shopping for kitchen cabinets include:
- Base cabinets – A base cabinet mounts along the baseboard of your kitchen walls.
- Wall cabinets – These cabinets attach to the wall above counters and other kitchen structures. Wall cabinets are placed either a few inches from or right against the ceiling.
- Drawer box – A drawer box creates the true shape and size of a drawer. It typically consists of two side panels as well as a front, back, and bottom panel.
- Drawer or cabinet face – This is the visible front of a cabinet or drawer. The face showcases the front of the door or drawer and the surrounding frame.
- Rails – These are the horizontal sections of the cabinet face frame and door.
- Stiles – The stiles are the vertical sections of the face frame and cabinet door.
In addition, as you continue shopping around for the best kitchen cabinets for your home, you will also come across many cabinet accessories. Some of the terms you may come across while looking for the best accessories include:
- Adjustable shelves – In adjustable-shelf cabinets, you have the option to move the shelves to a location that better suits your needs.
- Fixed shelves – Many cabinets contain shelves to provide layers to store your items. In fixed-shelf cabinets, the shelves are built into the cabinet during the construction process.
- Concealed/Exposed hinges – With many cabinets you’ll be able to select whether you desire a concealed or exposed hinge. This will allow you to decide whether or not you want to see the hinge connecting the door to the cabinet box.
Morgan Exteriors Offers Cabinet Installation and Refacing Services
Whether you want to transform the appearance of your kitchen, make it more functional, or both, Morgan Exteriors can help by refacing your kitchen cabinets. We’ll gladly schedule a complimentary in-home consultation at a date and time of your choosing. During this appointment, we’ll take a look at your existing cabinets and sit down with you to discuss your goals for the project and any concerns you might have.