Hurricane Windows That Jacksonville, FL, Homeowners Can Depend On
Extreme weather threatens the Jacksonville, Florida, area every hurricane season. There are multiple ways that you can protect your home when this happens. One is putting up hurricane panels each time a storm approaches and then taking them down when the storm has passed. A simpler alternative is having Morgan Exteriors install hurricane windows on your house.
Made by renowned manufacturers PGT and Simonton, Morgan Exteriors’ hurricane windows deliver the very best in storm protection. For example, consider our StormBreaker Plus windows from Simonton. They are certified to meet all of the standards set forth by the American Architectural Manufacturers Association for high-velocity hurricane zones. Similarly, our PGT impact windows are so strong they’re able to withstand being repeatedly hit by a nine-pound, 2’ x 4’ beam moving 30+ miles per hour. Now that’s impact resistance that you can depend on!
Hurricane Window Styles
Just because you want impact-resistant windows, it doesn’t mean that you’ll have to settle for a one-size-fits-all design. Morgan Exteriors installs hurricane windows in a variety of popular styles, including:
- Double-hung – These windows feature two movable sashes, which slide up and down to open or close.
- Sliding – These windows have one or two movable sashes that you can slide left and right with ease.
- Picture – Lacking the ability to open, picture windows exist solely to provide a view of outdoor scenery and let in natural light.
- Casement – These windows have a glass unit that opens fully along a hinge that runs down the left or right side of the window.
- Awning – Similar to a casement window turned on its side, awning windows open outward from the home along a hinge that runs across the top of the window.
Are you interested in determining what type of hurricane windows makes the most sense for your Jacksonville, FL, home? Contact Morgan Exteriors to schedule a free consultation at your earliest convenience.